All entrants in MNWS Exhibitions will be required to READ and AGREE to these rules. Please familiarize yourself with these rules BEFORE deciding what to enter in a show so you know your work can be in compliance.
Minnesota Watercolor Society Show Submission Rules Agreement
Complete rules are available at: www.minnesotawatercolors.com/exhibition-rules
Any work that does not follow these rules will not be accepted. Fees will not be returned.
- Entrants must be a MNSW member with current dues paid before or upon entry.
- Painting must use water-based media on a paper surface, YUPO, canvas, or board up to 3/4-inches thick.
- Surfaces may be treated or coated to accept water-based media with gesso or gel medium.
- Media must be applied in a transparent or opaque manner – no impasto.
- Any collage must be treated with water-media only and not dominate the painting. No found materials may be used. Drawing elements including ink, pastel, crayons, pencil, etc. may be used.
- Work must be original and may not be copies of other artists’ work, painted in a workshop or under the supervision of an instructor.
- Photo reference materials must have been taken by the artist.
- Paintings must be completed within the last two years and not previously shown in a MNWS exhibition.
- Paintings must be framed and under glass or an acrylic surface. Gallery wrapped canvas or board paintings must have finished edges and the surface treated with a fixative.
- Matting must be white or off-white only.
- Frames must be simple, sturdy, and in black, white or neutral tones only.
- Maximum frame/work size is 41” vertically or horizontally.
- All works must include a hanging wire that is 2 inches down from the highest point at the top of the frame, canvas, or board. No sawtooth hangers.
I have read and agree to the complete rules posted at www.minnesotawatercolors.com/exhibition-rules