MNWS members can borrow from our library of watercolor books at the monthly meetings.
MNWS member announcements are posted on our Facebook page.
Calls for Artists/Artist Opportunities
If you have an opportunity to share with MNWS members, please post it on our Facebook page. In addition, MNWS recommends mnartists.org for a current list of artist opportunities.
Partner Exhibition Centers
MNWS is pleased to have partnered with the following art centers:
- Ames Center
- Bloomington Center for the Arts
- Edina Art Center
- Hopkins Center for the Arts
- Minnetonka Center for the Arts
- Silverwood Gallery
Additional MNWS Partners
- Northstar Watermedia Society is the oldest watermedia society in Minnesota with approximately 250 members from across the Twin Cities area, throughout Minnesota and into northwestern Wisconsin.
- The Art 4 Shelter benefit for Simpson Housing Services is an annual exhibit and sale of original artworks on paper by emerging and established artists, and MNWS artists have generously supported the benefit each year by donating artwork.
- Dillman’s Art Workshop Retreat offers nationally known artist instructors and special interest programs in the beautiful North woods of Wisconsin – explore our 2019 schedule. There are state-of-the-art meeting rooms for self-contained conference retreats or creative art workshops. Classes are taught from May to October in the fully equipped classrooms overlooking pristine White Sand Lake. Artists teaching there are David R. Smith, Tara Sweeney, Andy Evansen and Karen Knutson.
- American Frame Corporation is a leading online source for custom picture frames, framing supplies, custom mat boards, and fine art printing on papers or canvas. Serving professionals and amateurs alike since 1973, they feature solid woods and Nielsen metal moldings, Crescent and Bainbridge mat boards, and supplies at low direct wholesale prices. Easy online design tools let you see your frame and mat selections before you purchase. They offer FREE CUSTOM CUT MAT with any frame purchase up to 30” x 38”. You can also follow their blog “A Good Frame of Mind” at www.americanframe.blogspot.com for news, views and preannouncements of sales. Since the MN watercolor society is a member of their Alliance Program already, we receive quarterly rebates based on purchases MNWS members make.
- Madeline Island School of the Arts is located on a peaceful, prairie meadow farm, on an Island that is unrivaled with its breathtaking views of other Apostle Islands, sea caves, beaches, and clear blue waters with bright skies. These twenty-two pristine Islands provide some of the most spectacular scenes for photographers and plein air painters.Five-day workshops in writing, painting, quilting, photography, yoga and other genres are offered May through October. There is no standing faculty – instructors and students come to the school for the duration of their session.
- Interlochen College of Creative Arts (ICCA) offers a series of engaging programs for adults to help them learn new art forms or express an existing talent. These programs deliver the kind of high-quality educational experiences you would expect from Interlochen. Classes are based on the campus of Interlochen Center for the Arts, in the woods of northern Michigan.
- Passion for Art in Waseca, MN, has a beautiful, bright classroom, gallery and studio that will easily accommodate 16 students. Artists who have taught here include Andy Evansen, Karen Knutson, Charlotte Laxen, Dar Brooks, Lana Grow, Richard Graves, Steve DeLaitsch, Bonnie Broitzman, and Kelly Sadler.
- Art Association of Jackson Hole is dedicated to encouraging a vital, creative community by providing everyone with exposure to, education in and enjoyment of a wide variety of art experiences.