In February of 2008, MNWS launched the Signature Status program to honor the members who have shown a high level of creativity for many years. When the program launched, the Signature Status criteria was applied to all active members and 33 members were immediately awarded signature status.
To earn Signature Status, members must earn 6 points in a 5-year period.
How to earn points
- One point for each piece accepted into the spring juried exhibition.
- One point for each piece selected by a juror for an award in the fall open exhibition or the spring juried exhibition.
- All awards, except for the People’s Choice award, are worth one point.
- A member can accumulate multiple points in one show (i.e. If Sue has two pieces accepted into the spring exhibition and one piece wins an award, Sue would earn three points.)
- One point is earned each year that a board member serves/volunteers in support of the mission and activities of the MNWS.
- Only two points can come from volunteering, the other four points must be earned by artwork in shows.
To retain this status, artists must be paid-up members in good standing. “MNWS” after an artist’s name denotes a MNWS member who has achieved Signature Status.
Julie Kay Allen
Donald C. Aggerbeck
Judy Ellenberger Cline
Bonnie D. Featherstone
Elizabeth M. Franklin
Richard C. Green
Paul S. Higdon
Julia Kara Jaakola
Thomas L. Johnson
Mary Sue Krueger
Anne Juhl Legeros
Judith E. Meyeraan
Diane Posselt Monroe
Victor B. Perlbachs
Kathy H. Schur
* individual is deceased